In a previous post (several months ago) I listed 10 jobs that I would not be good at, but am extremely thankful for the folks who do tackle those tasks on a daily basis.
Just for fun, I thought I’d take a break from the normal posts and share a list of activities / careers that I think would be interesting to do for a short stint.
- Barrel race and tour the rodeo circuit.
- Spend a year on an Indian Reservation teaching science, English or both.
- Help on an archaeological dig.
- Work as a tour guide at Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon.
- Volunteer for a summer at Wears Valley Youth Ranch in Tennessee.
- Hunt alligators for a season.
- Work at a zoo, specifically with the elephants, giraffes, rhinos, apes, and kangaroos.
- Volunteer with a NOAA research team whose emphasis is to monitor and explore ways to clean up the great oceanic garbage patch.
- Spend several months conducting ocean fisheries research.
- Study the Arctic Ice Caps.
- Spend a summer as a saltwater marsh Eco Tourism Guide.
- Volunteer as a museum curator at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
- Study horticulture at a botanical wonderland.
- Spend a summer on a dude ranch participating in cattle drives and trail rides.
- Study Mammoth Cave.
What about you? If you could take a hiatus from your daily routine and do something completely different for a season, what would you do?
I’d love to hear your comments. Jill